Modification Date: June 20, 2019
Effective Date: June 21, 2019
Just like you, I care about the use of my personal information online, so it is only fair I provide you with insight into the privacy practices employed here at Anda Life. Particular areas of the world now require different privacy disclosures, so please read the entire policy to make sure you understand our practices fully.
I. If You are Located In the EU
A. What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify you such as your name, IP address, and email address. As a business, we collect personal data from you in a number of ways including:
(1.) Opt-In To Email Course: Your name and address.
(2.) Waiting List: Your name and address.
(3.) Transaction: You name, email address, billing information, and payment source.
(4.) Submitting Questions: Your name, email address, and question.
(5.) Join My Book Club: Your name and email address.( Amazon Books)
(6.) Lessons: Your name and email address.
B. What Is The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data?
We collect the information above for the following purposes.
(1.) Opt-In To Email Course: To provide you with information on the course in question and the topic in general.
(2.) Waiting List: To let you know when a course or service opens or is closing.
(3.) Transaction: To process a purchase you make with us.
(4.) Submitting Questions: To answer questions you might have for us.
(5.) Join My Book Club: To send you messages regarding books James has read and reviewed.
(6.) Lessons: To send you lessons you are interested in.
C. What Legal Basis Do We Have For Collecting and Processing Your Information?
Websites must have a legal basis for collecting information from individuals located in the European Union. Our legal basis for each of the ways we collect information from you is as follows. Please note where consent forms the basis, you can withdraw consent at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link.
(1.) Opt-In To Email Course: We will ask for your consent first.
(2.) Waiting List: We will ask for your consent first.
(3.) Transaction: We will collect your information as part of a legal contractual transaction.
(4.) Submitting Questions: We have an allowed legitimate interest in providing a response to your questions and need to use your data to do so. We will not use the data for other purposes.
(5.) Join My Book Club: We will ask for your consent first.
(6.) Lessons: We will ask for your consent first.
“Legitimate interests” for processing your personal information exist where you submit the information with an expectation that it will be processed and there is no undue impact on you. If you disagree or have questions, please contact Jim at email@example.com and we will cease the processing of your data under this legal basis.
D. Who Has Access To The Data We Collect?
We process and access to the data we collect from you. However, we use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data including the following categories of recipients:
- Financial transaction processors (processing your payments)
- Customer service communication platform
- Contest and survey platform
- Email communication manager
- Marketing funnel providers
- Website management services
- Website design and programming services
These third parties have signed contract with us in which they are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than we dictate.
E. Cookies and Similar Technologies
F. How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We keep your personal data for different periods of time depending on the reason it was gathered in the first place.
(1.) Opt-In To Email Course: 36 months
(2.) Waiting List: 24 months
(3.) Transaction: Four years for tax audit purposes.
(4.) Submitting Questions: Five years
(5.) Join My Book Club: 36 months
(6.) Lessons: 26 months
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data until the matter has been resolved.
G. Your Right To Ask For Corrections, Erasure, And Export Of Your Data
You have the right to control your personal data. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed: We are informing you now with this policy.
- The right of access: We’ll provide you with the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification: Request we fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure: Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing: Ask us to restrict certain type of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: Ask us to provide your personal data we have for export.
- The right to object: Object to how we use your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: We don’t profile you, but keep in mind you have this right with other sites.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
H. Your Right To Withdraw Consent
Although this is mentioned above, we want to emphasize that wherever we’ve asked for your consent to collect or process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you receive email messages from us, you can use the “unsubscribe” link in each message to withdraw consent and stop the mailings. Alternatively, you can contact Jim at email@example.com with your request.
I. Do We Transfer Your Data To Third Countries?
No. We are located in the United States. Your data is collected and held here.
J. Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints.
You can contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request with any questions or requests you have about these policies or your personal data. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not been resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority such as the Data Protection Commission EU.
Representative: James Ranney
2814 South Willow Court
Denver, CO 80231
III. Valued Friends
B. Legal Disclosures of Personal Information.
We may process, store, and disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
C. DMCA Disclosures
We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. As part of the compliance process, we may be required to disclose whatever information we have for you to a copyright holder who has submitted a complaint to us.
D. Public Comments.
You may leave comments on forum posts. Please remember that any information you provide is not private. The information can be viewed by anyone online including family, friends, the media, investigators, and potential employers conducting background checks.
E. Third Party Websites.
We link to other sites, but please keep in mind that we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Make sure to review the policies of any such sites before providing your personal information.
F. Sale of Business
Should we sell this site or our business, your personal information will be an asset transferred to the new owner.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are tiny files that are downloaded to your computer to track particular aspects of your activity online to help us learn certain things about our website. This page describes what information they gather, how we use it and why we sometimes need to store these cookies. We will also share how you can prevent these cookies from being stored however this may downgrade or ‘break’ particular elements of the site’s functionality. You may see a list of all cookies used on this site at the bottom of the page.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this) or by manually selecting which cookies you prefer on the pop-up that appears when you first visit the site. You can also opt out of tracking by many companies using cookies via the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out.
Email Education-Related cookies
This site offers email subscription services providing you information and education on aspects of growing a business online and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show particular notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
Orders-Processing Related Cookies
Account and Login Related Cookies
With particular products or services we offer, we may provide you with an account and login details. If so, the third party platform we use will often employ cookies to make login easy, and so we can identify you as a paying customer.
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. We also use third party analytics to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
As we sell products, it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site make a purchase and this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
We also use social media buttons and plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including, Facebook Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
List of Cookies
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.anda.life
Last Modified June 20, 2019
3. GOVERNING LAW. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Colorado, without reference to their rules regarding conflicts of law. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in Denver, Colorado in all disputes arising out of or related to the use of the site.
4. AGE. The site is intended only for users aged 18 or older. Individuals under the age of 18 are strictly prohibited from using the site and the accounts for any such person shall be terminated upon discovery.
5. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, non-commercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
6. USER CONTENT. You grant Company a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
7. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
9. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Company has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. Please visit our DMCA Policy link at the bottom of the site pages to view our Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown policies and to make a claim of infringement. Company’s DMCA Policy is expressly incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.
11. NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
12. LIMITED LIABILITY. COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY COMPANY. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
14. PROHIBITED USES. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
16. COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site are: © 2008-19 Anda Life, LLC. All rights reserved.
18. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
19. AMENDMENTS. Company reserves the right to amend these Terms. Should Company seek to make such an amendment and we, in our sole discretion, consider the amendment to be material in nature, we shall:
(a) Clearly publish on the home page the fact an amendment is being made. You may contact us to discuss and contact information so you may discuss the proposed changes with us.
Should a court of competent jurisdiction rule this Amendment provision invalid, then this Amendment clause shall be terminated as part of this agreement with the agreement between us reverting to the previous set of terms applicable to the website. All amendments to the Terms shall be forward looking.